I’ve always been really interested in people and both curious and fascinated by human behaviour. Before qualifying as a Cognitive Hypnotherapist, I worked for a major airline in a variety of challenging roles. When it was time for change, I knew that I wanted to work where I could make a real difference to others. I was inspired by my own experiences, which have taught me how deeply people can be affected by the things that happen to them. This caused me to think about memories; and how they can easily influence our thoughts and emotions. Further research provided compelling evidence that memories can also be used constructively, to help transform perspective, behaviour and belief. This led me towards Cognitive Hypnotherapy because it uses trance for a therapeutic purpose.
Trance is a magical process… Every client is different…
It’s what makes therapy so absorbing and rewarding…
I’m a graduate of the internationally recognised Quest Institute, where I was trained by Trevor Silvester, and have been awarded the following qualifications::
- Diploma in Cognitive Hypnotherapy (DipCHyp): Awarded by The Quest Institute
- Neuro Linguistic Programming Master Practitioner (NLP MasterPrac): Awarded by The Quest Institute
- Hypnotherapy Practitioner Diploma (HPD): Awarded jointly by The National Council for Hypnotherapy and the NCFE, which is a national Awarding Organisation recognised by the qualification regulators for England, Wales and Northern Ireland
I am also registered with the following organisations:
- Registered Member of the National Council For Hypnotherapy (NCH), which is a leading regulator of hypnotherapy in the UK (Membership ID 1785)
- Registered with The UK Confederation of Hypnotherapy Organisations (UKCHO), which is an umbrella body set up to ensure that standards of conduct, ethics and practice are appropriate for public safety
- Registered with the *Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC), a UK Voluntary Regulator for complementary therapists, set up with the support of the UK Government. (Registration No. 002315-L10)
*The Department of Health has recommended that where people are looking for complementary healthcare therapists they use someone who is CNHC registered.
As a member of these organisations, I adhere to the strict codes of Conduct, Ethics and Performance as required from me. I am also fully insured to work within my profession. I take a great pride in my work and have committed to engage in Continuing Professional Development (CPD). This ensures that my knowledge, skills and techniques are up-to-date and of the greatest benefit to my clients.
http://www.questinstitute.co.uk/ The Quest Institute
http://www.hypnotherapists.org.uk/ National Council for Hypnotherapy
http://www.cnhc.org.uk/ Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council
http://www.ukcho.co.uk/ UK Confederation of Hypnotherapy Organisations